Special Needs Support Worker.
Post: Special Needs Support Worker.
Location: Home-Start Blanchardstown
Responsible to: Creche Manager
Works With: Home-Start Creche Team.
To assist the child with the provision of individual and group programmes centred around the child. To intergrate the child into the crèche and to work as part of the Home-Start Creche Team.
Core Job Requirements
• Degree Level Qualification, Psychology or ABA
• To assist in identifying the needs of children and families in conjunction with the Home-Start support service.
• To provide a child centred, safe, clean and comfortable environment for children and families.
• To organise, present and care for equipment and materials.
• To ensure that children and families are welcomed and supported within the service.
• To deliver individual and group programmes to children and their families, alongside the Home-Start Creche.
• To record any accident, incident or concerns in relation to the welfare of a child, in consultation with the Creche Manager.
• To maintain written records of work undertaken and prepare reports as required.
• To maintain the highest level of cleanliness and keep the room/work area as a safe environment at all times.
• To perform any other duties that management deem necessary to the controlled environment of the creche.
Requirements Specific to this Post
Requirements of all Home-Start Staff
• Commitment to the purpose of Home-Start and to work within the values, policies and procedures of the organisation and in the context of current legislation and regulations.
• To participate in regular supervision with your crèche Manage.
• To actively participate in team and staff meetings and service reviews / evaluation and to contribute to the development and of policy and practice with your area of work and within Home-Start as a whole.
• To report any area of concern to your crèche manager in a timely manner.
• To show reasonable flexibility in relation to hours of attendance to meet the needs of the work.
• Have a flexible approach to the work in response to organisational change,
development and review of best practice.
• Participate in and engage with a performance management programme.
• Identify training needs with your Creche Manager and participate in training opportunities appropriate to the role.
• To be vigilant to any Health and Safety risks in the workplace and bring any concerns to the attention of your Creche Manager or Health and Safety Representative.
• To participate in the efficient flow of information within the organisation by sharing and seeking information as appropriate.
• To undertake other duties as may be requested by the Creche Manager from time to time.
• To undertake your work in a manner that is friendly, flexible and informal.
Note: This Job Description will be reviewed and updated in line with the needs of the work.