Terms: Fixed 1-year Contract – part time & relief support workers. possibilitiesplus are currently seeking Support Workers to join a small team. The role will be to support a young man, with autism, living in his own home in North Co. Dublin.
Essential Criteria: The successful candidate must have:
• Person centred focused & commitment to support the person to have a good life
• Good sense of humour
• Excellent communication skills
• Flexible, reliable, honest and innovated
• Actively involved in your local community & ability to support the person to connect to their community
Desirable Experience Required:
• Networks and contacts with the local community
• Relevant qualification in this area of work
The role will include the following duties:
• Working as part of an established team, providing support in achieving an ordinary life with this young man
• You will be required to work overnights, weekends and bank holidays.
• An important part of the work will be to increase opportunities for the young man we support, to become valued and contributing member of his local communities. Exploring new possibilities that will help him to develop his skills and highlight his individual personality, interests and competencies.
• Supporting the young man with some aspects of his personal care.
• Active involvement in the implementation of the young man’s individualised plan.
• DO APPLY if you have an appetite for life, can show good judgement, are organized, have a full driver’s licence, good spoken English and enjoy being involved in your local community.
Salary and Benefits: Competitive salary, training and developmental opportunities provided
IfIf this exciting opportunity sparks your interest, please email email@example.com for an application form or telephone 01-6271484 for more information.
Closing date for receipt of applications: Monday 20th November @ 5PM
(Please include your phone number and quote our reference number SW12017 on the application form).