The Stevedoring Operative assists with various aspects of ship loading and unloading operations including the operation of Company plant, machinery and equipment, handling of cargo and general housekeeping duties.
The primary duties and responsibilities of the role are as follows:
• Handling of cargo, both on board ships and ashore, as dictated by the customer’s requirements
• Cleaning cargo residue from ship’s holds, quayside and warehouses/stores
• Operate and assist with the operation of the Company’s equipment, plant and machinery, which may include, but not limited to, bulk hopper, skid steer shovel, front loading shovel and forklift
• Carry out banksman duties on board ships and ashore
• Tally and record cargo loading and unloading from vessels
• Tally and record inbound and outbound loads to/from the terminal/quayside/warehouse
• Assist with the slinging and securing of loads
• Assist with the general housekeeping/cleaning of Company equipment, work areas and premises
The successful candidate will possess the following:
• Fluency in English both spoken and written
• Good literacy and numerical skills
• Junior Certificate or equivalent education standard required
Ideally, the successful candidate will have previous experience in one or more of the following areas:
• Manual labourer
• Skid steer/loading shovel
• 360-degree excavator/rehandler
• Valid Safepass or Portpass
• Experience in stevedoring operations
To apply for this position, please visit https://goo.gl/mffdxw.
Please note that application can only be accepted via the link above – we do not accept applications by email or post.